Other government supports
The Australian Government provides additional support, including payments to support carers and the people they care for.
You can find out more about these additional government supports on the following websites:
- Services Australia provides payments for carers
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports people with disability
- My Aged Care supports elderly people
- Disability Gateway provides information about support available to people with disability.
- Laurel House provides resources for health professional or disability support workers to help them respond effectively to people with disability who have experienced sexual assault.
The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline
The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline (the Hotline), is a free, independent and confidential service for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability. Anyone can contact the Hotline, including family members, friends, service providers or a person with disability. The Hotline works with callers to find appropriate ways of dealing with reports of abuse and neglect of people with disability.
To make a report you can contact the Hotline on 1800 880 052 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline | Job Access.
The Hotline is not a crisis service. In case of life threatening situations call 000 for attendance by Ambulance, Fire or Police services. If you think a crime has been committed or is being committed, contact your local police.